Vitamin D3 is a chemical compound called cholecalciferol - a steroid compound, cholesterol derivative. It is synthesized in the skin under the influence of ultraviolet light and is therefore often called the "vitamin of the sun". Such products - in the form of gels, jelly beans, liquid and shots- are becoming more and more apparent on the market.
Vitamin D supports healthy bones, stimulating the absorption of calcium and phosphate. Recent evidence indicates that low levels of vitamin D cause muscle and bone pain. More and more people are spending less time out in the sunshine because of their work, so vitamin-D deficiency is common. Especially in the winter months, from October to March, when the sun hardly shows its face, people need supplementation of vitamin D.
Vitamin D helps:
- in the correct absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus,
- helps to maintain the proper calcium levels in the blood,
- helps to maintain healthy bones,
- helps to maintain healthy teeth,
- helps in the proper functioning of the muscles,
- helps in the proper functioning of the immune system.
Vitamin D3 2000 IU
Brochures and TDS are available exclusively at customers’ request through e-mail.